Different community outreach programmes are organized with a view to create awareness among the students regarding their responsibilities and commitments towards the society. Moreover the institution as a whole also never denies its obligations towards the society, therefore under the direct management of the college various awareness programmes are also held. One such programme was held on 5th March 2009 in the Seminar Room of the college on 'Awareness Campaign On Income Tax Compliance' with the active participation of the local businessmen and other taxpayers. Community outreach programmes in the forms of blood donation camps, pollution control drives are also regularly conducted with the direct involvement of the students. The students organize various programmes in close collaboration with the local people.
In the academic year 2014-15, NSS Unit under West Bengal State University commenced in the College with the main focus on :-
- Personality development of the student volunteers and their acquiring of leadership qualities through social service.
- To help the students to gain skills and develop capacity through work experiences in real life community services, thereby gaining social acceptability through public contact developments.
Our Thrust Areas of Work
- Rural Community Development
- public health awareness & medical camp
- self employment
- literacy & primary education
- Entrepreneurship Development (including skill development and liaison works with banks/ govt. bodies)
- Mass Literacy and Primary Education
- Environment Preservation (mass forestation, clean campus & locality)
- Public Education in health care & hygiene, nutrition and public health awareness (including adolescent health development programme).
- Public Education in Consumer Protection & Legal awareness
- Disaster Management
Community service by student-volunteers may cover several aspects like adoption of villages through Special Camps in the adopted villages for intensive development work, carrying out the medico-social surveys, organizing medical centres, sanitation drives, adult education programmes for the weaker sections of the community, blood donation, helping orphanages and the physically handicapped persons.